How to navigate this page

Recent posts are shown below, click on thumbnail image to enlarge, scroll down from most recent to Older Posts text .

Or view Painting Index on sidebar and browse by theme or category where work is cross referenced .

19 Jun 2012

  Zen Garden Series


"The Opening "  I    120516
Oil / Canvas     60 " x  46 "
Skot MacDougall

Owner : J. Mathers   Kanata Ontario

This is the first painting of the Zen Garden series painted for the annual Artwalk festival downtown Sarnia this past June, these are larger paintings then usual ,which offered me a lot of freedom to paint in and helped express to me a powerful expression or feel that I hoped to capture with the presence of the large stone face in the guise of Buddha a bigger then life transcendence into the journey within, I was pleased with the overwhelming response I received at my booth where familiar friends and family came to visit and always a pleasure to meet new friends whom find appreciation or solace in my paintings,  ...perhaps in today's rush and unpredictable world  ,  we may still find  truth and peace  through  natures beauty  and meditative focus on being still, eternal gifts to help us on our journey .