How to navigate this page

Recent posts are shown below, click on thumbnail image to enlarge, scroll down from most recent to Older Posts text .

Or view Painting Index on sidebar and browse by theme or category where work is cross referenced .

26 Apr 2009

Stowaway series


070609 Stowaway series
8 x 10 oil /masonite
c.o. M.Upfold  Sarnia Ont.

Donated to the Derek Upfold benefit auction Dec 2009 Sarnia Ont.


I recently found this small piece behind some larger canvas's that I had forgotten about, evidently left to dry in a safe area.
The theme from 2008 Exhibit" Still and Life" is still current in my work, even older subjects lap over newer ones and some seem to get buried under more pressing ones, I return to favorite subjects often , for many reasons besides the subject or compositions I find it interesting by contrast of time and lessons learned,.. Good knowledge source found in reinterpreting subjects over again thru time, its self revealing on many levels by its context contrast,...also inspired paintings always inspire other paintings, I like the saying...follow the boucing ball.